Monday, November 17, 2008

This picture is of Emile Schlunegger sitting with uncle Samuel Schlunegger standing. The younger one is my grandfather Albert Schlunegger "Berger"
This, picture of Emile Schlunegger who was my great grandfather, was probably taken in St. Hyacinthe, Quebec Canada . The name change as the story goes, Albert was supposedly angry with his father. Maybe it was because the name was too long! We will never know. Albert Berger then took his uncle's name of Berger . They came from Switzerland and immigrated from Lauterbrunnen a most spectacular area of Switzerland. It makes you wonder why they left.
We were told in Lauterbrunnen by a person in the town hall that there was not enough work and food at that time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks like Anthony Hopkins

Unknown said...

Hi Joanne,
Do you know if your grandfather had a siter called Elise?
I try to find genealogical info for a granddaughter (Sharon) of Elise Schlunegger who married Etienne Robert. Sharon is my grandniece.
Thanks for your info
Jan Schoenmakers
Veldhoven, The Netherlands

Joanne said...

Yes he had a sister called Elise. I am writing a response but I wonder if you will get it. She lived in the US. My father’s sister had found her but we never got to meet her.
Please write back to me @ jregreb54@gmail.com
My sister has a lot more information about our family tree.

Thank you, Joanne Berger